Saturday, April 10, 2010

Holy Spirit Week Part 2

Ok now we continue the amazing week:

As thursday morning came we had a "Holy Spirit Party" in which was basically a time to praise the Lord and to give up control over our lives to God before we received spiritual gifts. Spiritual gifts include: speaking in tounges, interpreting toungues, knowledge and wisdom, discerning spirits, healing, prophecy, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment. But anyways after giving God control ceremonially by popping a balloon, I asked to receive the gifts of knowlege and wisdom, prophecy, and discerning of spirits. I had also received the gift of toungues a few days earlier but I am still trying to get a hold of that one. Its hard for my antalytical mind to let go and just allow God to do it...so if you can pray for that that would be awesome! As each of us received the different gifts the holy spirit made many..including myself once collapse to the floor and for some stay on the floor for an hour. Although i didn't feel the Lord as I did like Monday the Lord was very much in the room.

That afternoon I went with the speaker and our leader to the airport (an hour and a half away..well at least the bigger airport is) and on the drive Stefan started asking me how I liked it. Soon I told him about the visions and dreams the lord told me about the backpacking ministry and DTS. He then told me that YWAM needs more people like me in YWAM. It was amazing getting a blessing like that from a guy that leads all of southern africa. Our base leader in lesotho plans on starting a mobile-DTS which is very similar to a backpacking DTS just a little different and Stefan and our base leader Nathan have been trying to recruit me to help start it with Nathan. As they said that it was kinda hard for me to say that I may be called to Australia but who knows maybe God will lead me to Africa instead and help Nathan start this new adventure. Nathan basically wants to go to a different location every month all throughout the continent of africa and to have outreach and teaching phases at the same time. I still need to do more prayer but it definitly seems like a interesting and fun idea.

On Friday our team went up to the top of this mountain...actually where the country of Lesotho was first started by their leader.. We had a great time of prayer up there and prayed for the country of Lesotho and asked for forgivness for anything that any of us had done against our African teammates. We then had some individual time of prayer and soon the Lord called me to pray with Mohapeloa our african student. Together the Lord blessed us with his spirit once again and I kinda talked in toungues but again its still weird for me so I need more time and prayer. But the day went well and was well needed for team unity.

The whole week was very tiring and I slept 12 hours last night but it was something that I really needed. I pray that I will continue on this process and if the Lord does call me into full-time missions with YWAM that he will continue to give me confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment