Thursday, April 1, 2010

Father Heart of God & More

This week we have been talking about the father heart of God and more specifically the authority that God has given us to rule over the earth. It goes onto talk about how through believing in what Satan says and acting on it (basically sin) he becomes our new master and not God and takes our authority away. We can get the authority back by repenting and growing our relationship with the lord and giving it to Jesus. The more we grow our relationship with the Lord...the one who gives us the authority..the more we can access and grow our authority in this world. The speaker twice came to me first to pray and then to talk to me after one of the talks. The first time he told me he sensed that I am very smart and understand my walk with the Lord well but my spiritual side needs work. He said I need to allow the holy spirit to work in my life more and open up more spiritually and to allow God and the holy spirit to help me apply these principles in my life. When he talked to me after class he basically said a similar thing, saying I understood the material but need to spiritually apply it. This hit me a bit as I was not expecting to be told twice in one day about my need to open up and allow God to apply these ideas in my life. Although I understand them I know that its has been hard to trust God and allow the holy spirit to work more in my life. I know I try on the surface but I do feel I need to let go of more and surrender to the Lord my life. Since that time, which was yesterday, it still has affected me a bit, but I have seen that I personally need to apply this idea of authority and go out into the world with the confidence that the authority of the Lord can provide. I also need to be able to take charge with my decisions and be more proactive in my walk. I felt that before this week I had gotten really far in my walk but yesterday God showed me that I still have much more to learn and to experience...it is nice that next week is on the holy spirit and thats more of allowing the holy spirit to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment