Sunday, February 7, 2010

Arrived in Lesotho

So I have arrived here in Lesotho and man was the combination of flights long! I left on wednesday at 12pm and arrived at 7:30am on Friday. I got sick on the first flight and made it horrible, second flight was alright and then had to sleep in the Johanasburg airport (that was interesting, they had a Josh Groban type guy filming a music video and so I had to hear him sing all night long.)

Once I arrived I was met by a 6'7" american which is the leader of the DTS here. There are 6 people in the DTS along with 3 leaders. Half of hte people are 18 or 19 and then 2 at 23 and one at 26. One is a local, one from Canada, 1 from england, one from Germany and one from South Africa. They all seem like great people and have gotten to know them pretty quickly. One bad thing that has happen so far is that neither of my credit cards work because the pins are wrong but luckly my mom gave me some emergency money so that will work for awhile. The general plan for the DTS will be spending 2 weeks in classes yup I have homework, then 2 weeks in jails, hospitals and other areas around Lesotho then a few more weeks of classes then 6 weeks in Botswana and guess what.... I will spend a week or two in South Africa doing outreach at the World Cup. So even though I won't be going to a game I will be around the environment. God has already done many things and has show this is where he wants me to be. I am looking forward to where God leads me on this amazing DTS. I love it here in Lesotho and the people are amazing!

Hopefully I will get a chance soon to update again.

Spencer

2 comments:

  1. Dude,

    Thats awesome you will be doing outreach at the world cup. I'm proud of you and it sounds like God has good plans for you. Can't wait for more updates.

    Forrest

    P.S. When you start to know more about your schedule let me know when a good time would be to come visit. No rush on that though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Forrest! Yeah things are going quite well here and am excited where God is leading me. I send a message to Elli on facebook because i keep forgetting your e-mail but yeah I can't really do much during the DTS but can change my flight to do something after it is over, converse with Elli and the e-mail i sent her. Love ya bro

    ReplyDelete