Saturday, July 10, 2010

Final Remarks

It has been a great experience and its amazing it is over now. The five months went by faster than I could have imagined but I am ready for the next steps ahead. Going into my time abroad I was very frustrated with the Lord and had no clear direction for my life but since going on the DTS the Lord has really blessed me and opened multiple opportunities for me. God has really showed me how to trust him and he made himself real to me through different experiences including the holy spirit week. Although I did have a lot of fun I also had a great time serving the Lord. I would say my favorite thing for my time away was the story about the hippo and also about talking to people in the restaurant. God has blessed me a lot and I hope that I will be able to continue to walk with the Lord. My time has allowed me to see many things about Christianity and was able to look at it from different perspectives. Now that my time at YWAM is finished it is time to look to the future. While on my DTS it seemed the Lord had given me three options: go to Australia to staff a YWAM backpacking DTS, lead a hiking ministry for college aged kids in Seatle, or to attend Graduate school to get my masters in International Care and Community Development. Although I was leaning towards the hiking ministry in Seattle, I feel that going to school will open so many doors for me (hopefully somewhere like World Vision) and God may later on have me do the hiking ministry on the side. I want to thank all of you who have contributed to my amazing time in YWAM Lesotho. Your prayers and contributions have allowed me to be blessed as much as I was. So again I thank you for all your support and keeping up with reading my blog. I hope you have enjoyed reading through my story and I hope it has blessed you as much as it has blessed me. I can't wait till see where God takes me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment